A project promoted by the Citrus Production District of Sicily, the ARCES High School, with the unconditional contribution of the Coca Cola Foundation
Practical training with internship in a farming company
The project “Social Farming. Social integration in the Sicilian Citrus Production Network” consists in a series of theme-focused seminars and theoretical-practical training to create technical professionalities and new entrepreneurship in the citrus production network (production, product transformation and relational tourism).
The training activities will involve highly specialized teachers, expert agronomists from the citrus production network, social cooperatives, representatives organizations operating in the Sicilian citrus production network, organizations and entities specialized in hospitality and integrated relational tourism, consortia of PDO, PGI and organic productions, and leading companies associated with the Citrus Production District of Sicily.
- Social inclusion of young people, women, migrant people, disabled people.
- Improvement of workers’ level of specialization within the citrus production network which will have an impact on production quality and processes.
- Increase in the level of employment in Sicily and creation of a workforce employable in other countries of the Mediterranean basin with potential in citrus production, in order to enhance the development of disadvantaged areas which are points of destination of current migration flows.
- Transparency in the labour demand and supply mechanism within the citrus production network.
- Spreading of social responsibility concepts within the citrus production network.
Participation in the seminars is free and open to the public
- Corporate social responsability
26.05.2016 – Palermo
- Web Marketing
09.06.2016 – Ribera (AG)
- The politics of quality branding
23.06.2016 – Siracusa
- Psychology of Cooperation
15.09.2016 – Catania
- Business Ethics and codes of conduct
29.09.2016 – Ribera (AG)
- Rural itineraries (Le vie della Zagara)
13.10.2016 – Catania
- Ethics Certification
27.10.2016 – Barcellona P.G. (ME)
- Organic farming
10.11.2016 – Catania
Participation in training is free and the number of trainees is limited to a maximum of 15:
- Citrus farming techniques
16.06.2016 – Catania
25.06.2016 – Ribera (AG)
- Cooperation in the Citrus Productin Network
06.07.2016 – Siracusa
28.09.2016 – Catania
- Multifunctionality in agriculture
12.10.2016 – Ribera (AG)
26.10.2016 – Catania
- Preservation, processing and packaging of citrus products and their derivatives
09.11.2016 – Barcellona P.G. (ME)
24.11.2016 – Palermo
Social Farming project brochures